Monday, 24 September 2012

Spots and Stripes

In my previous post I mentioned wanting to try the Barry M Gelly polishes along with the two from OPI Hong Kong collection.  For today's post I've included an extra polish Nomadic In Nude from Color Club's Back to Boho.  Nomadic in Nude is the perfect nude for my skin, it suits better than white and could almost be the colour I need for "mannequin hands."

My base coats were 1x Stickey, 1x Nail Envy then 1x Nomadic in Nude.  I topped off the fingers I was going to stripe with Seche Vite, then got on with dotting the rest.  By the time I'd finished dotting I was ready to line up the striping tape and get on with filling in the gaps.  The fill in colours were Jade is the New Black, Suzy Says Feng Shui, Blackberry and Pomegranate.




The first couple of photos are the most colour accurate for all the colours apart from the purple Gelly, which seems very black.  The rest with flash allow the purple to come out, but slightly wash out the green and teal.  There are some slight imperfections on my stripes, however the dots I'm in love with.  I think I'm going to recreate this in a couple of weeks when we go away for hubby's birthday :)










I really like this mani and love how well these colours seem to work together.  My next plan with the Gellys is to try a watermarble - wish me luck......!

10 comments:

  1. These colours look awesome together, I can't wait to get some Gelly polish too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these colours :) the one I thought I would like least is actually my favourite, pomegranate. It pairs with blue, green, black, teal and nudes really well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. This is my most favourite one I've done for ages! I was gutted when the purple stripe on index finger chipped off!

      Delete
  4. Thanks, it's really easy to do. Lining up the striping tape is the hardest part!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks really awesome. I am going to have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally,I'll be doing this again on Thursday evening. Just trying to decide what colours to use for it, I may get my rainbow colours out again and use them for thinner stripes.

      Delete
  6. The colors do look great together, and they look sophisticated and smart but playful, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recreated this mani using shimmery colours but it wasn't as "fun", I really liked this using cream finishes

      Delete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.