Wednesday, 10 October 2012

China Glaze Goin' My Way?

I recently decided to try sorting my polish by colour rather than by brand, which didn't last long, all of an afternoon.  At the time I realised that I had a gaping hole in shades of brown, so since then I have ordered OPI Wooden-Shoe Like to Know and this one, China Glaze Goin' My Way? from the Vintage Vixen collection of 2010.

Goin' My Way has strong hues of orange to it, in some ways it reminded me of Harvest Moon from their Capitol Collection.  They are in no ways dupes, but from the same family of orange based colours and I think they'll make a great gradient together one day, or a subtle accent nail.  Both are great Autumn colours, Autumn is really setting in now, the trees are starting to show some fab colours.

I wore this for a day alone then stamped over it using a-england Saint George and a design from the Red Angel stamping plates.






I used to have OPI Espresso My Style and was looking for something similar to replace it but as the picture below from The Daily Varnish shows, this isn't a match. It has the warmth but is a shade or two too light.


4 comments:

  1. Mmm I've never worn brown nail polish, and I don't think I own any. It's a funny colour too pull off I think!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only ever had this shade, the OPI I linked to and two very similar ones OPI with Wooden-Shoe Like to Know and China Glaze Foie Gras. In the main these have been very recent, going back to when I was still in school (in the nineties!) and my nail obsession started I never have had many browns!

      Delete
  2. Loving this shade very autumnal :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is definitely autumnal!

      Delete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.