Friday, 19 October 2012

Quest for Holy Grail pt1 Squiggles in the Sand

Part one of my Quest for the Holy Grail involves a gradient AND stamping normally I would only go so far as to do one or the other.

First up here's a just splodged on picture of a-england's Holy Grail alone.  This is 2xNail Envy, 2xHoly Grail and 1x Seche Vite.  No clean up as about to get messy with sponging.

 I love the way the blue sky reflected in the glass of the table I was stood over.



For the gradient I chose use a-england's Order of the Garter, this bright mid blue clashes wonderfully with the golden yellowness of Holy Grail.  



Once I'd done the gradient I was really happy with it, as the blue had remained lovely and blue and hadn't turned green like I had feared it may.  Then it was time to eat the lovely meal hubby had just cooked so I never actually got pictures of the gradient before I damaged it getting something out of the oven and I creased it with the oven gloves.   The crease smoothed out with Orly Smudge fixer, but I wasn't liking it as I could still see some wrinkles so I didn't take any pictures at this stage.  Then I stamped over the top of it, using black Konad Stamping Polish and CH16.



The next pictures are not nice.  I did some rough clean up with a cotton bud and acetone, but the cough I have meant it was unbearable - plus the Konad polish is a bitch to remove, it just smears and stains.  So please focus on the nail, not the mess.


When I mentioned the Holy Grail quest I made a reference to AC/DC, now I'm going to ruin my metal loving reputation by referring to Belinda Carlisle: since doing this I have had Circle in the Sand in my head!!!!   The blue and yellow reminded me of a beach.






I did manage to get a couple of  pictures the next day, the polish on my skin and staining had come off in the shower  but for some reason I my fingers look oddly red!



I really liked doing a double piece of nail art, I'm not normally able to do this because of time constraints but this time with someone else cooking tea and finishing early I had time to do first part quite early in the evening.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I couldn't stop staring at my hands when I was wearing it! I love the squiggly stamp as there is no issues over placing it correct.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's amazing that I would normally only do one or the other, stamp or sponge, but combine them and it's fab!

      Delete
  3. Love it! The color combo is very pretty, but the squiggles are a fabulous touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it certainly is one of my more favourite stamping patterns - I like the ones where placement doesn't have to be perfect!

      Delete
  4. Loving what you did here, and as a fellow rocker tut tut but because the mani is awesome you are forgiven lol :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I went from Back in Black to Circles in the Sand.... thanks

      Delete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.