Monday, 1 October 2012

Richard of York....

...Gave Battle In Vain, that's the phrase in my mind when I was deciding on this mani.

I fancied a rainbow of dots, but as my nails aren't long enough to do rainbows on each nail I did a colour per nail.  As the mnemonic only is for seven colours I had to fluff the other three, so slotted in a blue / purple duochrome, a purple / black duochrome and a plain black.

My base was 2x Nail Envy and 2x My Boyfriend Scales Walls from OPI's Spiderman Collection.  After dotting I topped off with Seche Vite.

Here's all the bottles:
 L-R: a-england Perceval, China Glaze Harvest Moon, a-england Holy Grail, Nubar Reclaim, No 7 Poolside Blue

L-R: Enchanted Polish Across the Universe, W7 Indigo Illusion, W7 Purple Paradise, W7 Metallic Jupiter, a-england Bridal Veil.

The camera had a huge problem focusing on the dots, I even enlisted Hubby to help so that's how I got this picture:

Here's the best of the bad bunch with the closer pictures:



13 comments:

  1. I think those are super cute! I haven't tried dots yet, but then I just got my dotting tools the other day. Maybe I'll try them tomorrow. :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! I'm worrying I have over used my dotting tools of late looking back over my posts, since I started blogging I have only stamped once! I used to stamp all time. Mind you I had just broken my finger when I started to blog so I couldn't put any pressure on one finger and couldn't grip to do other hand, that's why I have stamped. Dotting is so easy!

      Delete
  2. I love a dotticure and this one is super love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, I am thinking of this being done again for my week away later this month, the white hides tip wear and the colours keep me from getting bored!

      Delete
  4. This is amazing, so simple and so effective. You picked some great colors too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) My hairdresser thought these were nail wraps, so I guess I got the result I wanted!

      Delete
  5. Love it! Especially the Harvest Moon dots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the hardest one as it needed double dotting!

      Delete
    2. I love your dotticures! I'm looking through them again today.

      Delete
  6. Love this! Once I've finally got round to getting a dotting tool I'm totally doing this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy Anna! I got a five pack of different sized dotting tools from ebay, think they were £1.99, they are probably the best purchase I ever made!

      Delete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.