Tuesday, 27 November 2012

Grafitti Nails

A while ago my hubby ordered me some nail art brushes from eBay, knowing if he didn't order them I'd not get around to it.

My set of 16 brushes has two of the fan brushes in it, I never thought I would use them so I got on you tube and did some hunting about for tutorials.  I found a great tutorial from a channel named "simple nail art" which showed a use for this brush.

This is my take on their mani.  I used my nail envy / matte base, then added a single coat of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.  I then dragged my two of my nails using the brush and Barry M Gelly in Blueberry and Pomegranate along with W7 Neon Green and Matt Green.  This was topped with Seche.

I did this at the weekend and had to go out very soon after, so I left it with just the two nails done as an accent.  I have never worn the OPI white / grey shade alone mainly as white makes me think of tippexing my nails at school,  but this one I love.  The colours with the hint of white remind me of graffiti or paint splatters over a white canvas.




When I got  home I filled in my thumb some more and added an extra colour into the mix, a-england Avalon.

I didn't realise how bad the cut on my left thumb was til I saw this picture :(




I actually prefer the earlier pictures with this as an accent and the white nails.  I may stamp over them later!

Here's the polishes L-R Ascalon, Pomegranate, Blueberry, My Boyfriend Scales Walls, Neon Green, Matt Green




And here is a still of the video which inspired me!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.