Monday, 26 August 2013

Born Pretty Store 2mm Candy Stud Review

Today I have a product sent for review by Born Pretty Store.

The candy stud range is amazing with varying sizes of studs in wheels, there's even one which has both round and square studs!  The wheel I was sent to review is the 400 piece 2mm square stud set which contains 12 colours, varying from soft pastel shades of pink green and orange to neon orange yellow and pink.  The set retails at $7.59 (free worldwide shipping and a further 10% off using the discount code at the end of the post makes this set even better value!)

I love the look of studs and textured polish so I decided to combine them for this mani.  I painted each nail a different texured shade.  Once dry I then added a black stripe of black leather polish on the left hand side (I freehanded this) and working quickly added the studs.

Studs all fell to side as hand was upright, silly me!


Camera struggled to capture the neon yellow on my ring finger here.

Struggled again with neon yellow


Overall this look was fairly simple to create, you do have to move quick when using studs over a texture polish as you can't add top coat to help secure them: you need to add the studs before the texture starts appearing and press them in quite firmly.  I had to redo my little finger as the studs were loose and as you can see the middle one and bottom one had turned slightly out of place.

I have also tried these studs with top coat too and there was no streaking or colour bleeding from the top coat.

This set is great value, it offers a lot of studs and a neat way to store them.  I often manage to get studs off before I'm about to remove a mani and this allows me to re-use them, so this wheel will last me a long time!

I think this range of studs is quite a fun selection of colours and also the various sizes and the choice or round, square and at least one with both is great.


The code below will offer 10% discount off any purchases made from BornPrettyStore.com


Product sent for review, this does not affect my opinion.

Polishes used in this post were - thumb Barry M Ridley Road, index Beauty UK Shoreditch**, middle Beauty UK Printworks**, ring Beauty UK Birdcage** and little finger Barry M Atlantic Road.  The black accent polish is Nails Inc Noho.  The polishes marked** were provided by Beauty UK for previous review purposes, the rest were purchased by me.

4 comments:

  1. wooo! Love the effect and the studs! really pulled it off and I really want studs nows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the final look you created and that each nail is different. Very funky and cool!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.